Week 12 -- Major

Week 12 Prompt: In what are you majoring, and how did you decide on your major?

I'm majoring in digital design. Years ago in high school I was interested in design, but for whatever reason ended up choosing biology instead when I started college. I was studying biology at another school for a few years before this, and I took a technical writing course there and realized that I was super interested in the design aspects we talked about in the class (page layouts, typography, etc). This is what got me thinking about design again, and I realized that I could choose to start over and study design instead.

Comments

  1. Hello Tara,

    I am glad you chose the major you are interested in. I had a similar experience, I was majoring in chemistry, and I was not interested in the major. However, when I came to the US, I started over in the major I am interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to find a major that you're interested in! Similar to you, I discovered my interest in design during high school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment