Week 11 -- Thoughts on Creativity

Week 11 Prompt: Write about how your thoughts and understanding of creativity have shifted this semester.

This semester has opened up my idea of creativity a bit and the class has complemented my design courses well. When I started the semester I was way more of a perfectionist, which was not helpful to my creative process in my other design classes; this semester has helped me realize that good ideas only come when you're not afraid to try out a whole bunch of bad ones. Now I am happy to say that I've let go of a lot of my perfectionist tendencies and don't feel hesitant to sketch out all of my ideas, no matter how bad the initial ones might be.

Comments

  1. Hey Tara,

    I am glad that you let go of perfection, and the class helped you realize that creative ideas come from trying many bad ones. I believe that perfection is always the enemy of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cool, I understand wanting to let go of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read how this course is helping to work with your other design courses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really relate to this, as someone who also struggled with wanting everything to be perfect, and never thinking it was enough. It's a huge hinder to creativity though, so good on you for identifying that and wanting to work on it, and its really inspiring how you've been able to work past it! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment