Week 9 -- First visit
Week 9 prompt: Describe a time that visited a place for the first time. What do you remember? What were you drawn to? Felt uncertain about? If you could visit again, what would you do while there?
In May I visited the Meow Wolf exhibit in Las Vegas, and it was a very cool experience. Meow Wolf is basically a huge interactive art exhibit that brings you through a journey. There are lots of hidden doors and passageways that lead to new rooms, and each room has a new theme and art style. I was drawn to some of the smaller rooms or areas that had fewer people, because the quiet allowed me to experience the art better than some of the larger rooms that had visitors everywhere. My favorite room was one that was dark and had lasers that you could 'strum' like a guitar and they actually made music when you moved your hand in front of them. If I could visit again, I would spend more time exploring the rooms because I know there are lots of things I missed!
Have you gone to the Denver or New Mexico one? I have yet to attend the Las Vegas exhibit but I plan on going before the end of the year. The New Mexico had the same room with the music as well. I hate seeing that I missed rooms too!! I am also sure they probably add or modify rooms over time.
ReplyDeleteI went to Meow Wolf in Denver and it was also a great experience. That room that you described sounds very cool! I'm glad you enjoyed this experience :)
ReplyDeleteI also went there and had a really cool experience!
ReplyDelete