Week 6 -- Observation
Week 6 Prompt: Choose an object to explore. Set your timer. After 1 minute, list everything that you notice. After 2 minutes of looking, list additional observations. After 5 minutes of looking, list additional details. How did spending more time looking change your perception and/or understanding of the object?
I chose to observe a glass of water, something that I use every day but don't intentionally observe often. After 1 minute, I observed the glass itself, how it reflected the light, and the other most obvious aspects of the glass like how tall it is. After 2 minutes, I observed that the glass gets skinnier towards the top and has a heavy glass bottom, and that there are 3 shadows that are formed from my overhead lights. After 5 minutes, I noticed the three beautiful light points that go from the bottom of the glass to the shadows. Observing the glass for 5 minutes helped me see it as something beautiful rather than just an everyday object.
I really like how you looked at the shadows and lighting when looking deeper at the water cup. I think mostly everyone uses a cup of water daily and nobody ever takes the time to really look at it. I also really like how you have your blog set up it’s super nice.
ReplyDeleteThis was a really cool and interesting thing to observe. Reading your observations were really intriguing, because they were things I definitely wouldn't have noticed!
ReplyDelete